Eight things about me
Here are the rules…
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are eight things about me:
1. I was born on (Western) Easter Sunday in 1941. My 11th birthday was also on (Western) Easter Sunday. But my birthday would not fall on Easter Sunday for another 79 years. Since my birthday often falls in Lent, I celebrate it on Pascha. The next time it falls on Easter Sunday it will be on both Western and Orthodox Easter, in 2031.
2. As a result of (1), I hope to die in Bright Week, 2031, at the age of 90, if it is God’s will.
3. I discovered (1) from Ripley’s “Believe it or not”, which featured a girl from West Africa who was born on Western Good Friday in 1941, had her 11th birthday on Good Friday in 1952, and would have to wait another 79 years before her birthday fell on Good Friday again.
4. In 1966 I was a bus driver in both Johannesburg and London.
5. In 1969 I was fired twice: first, by the Anglican bishop of Natal from being assistant chaplain to the Missions to Seamen (for holding a “psychedelic” service), and second by the Department of Water Affairs in Namibia (for being editor of a magazine Ikon which even the Christian Institute — later banned by the government — found too radical).
6. In 1972 I was made homeless twice: first by being deported from Namibia, and second, when staying with my cousin in Pietermaritzburg, by being banned to Durban.
7. I was the last tram conductor in Johannesburg – I began my training as a bus conductor in the same week that the last trams were replaced by oil buses, and was the only one of my intake to go on the tram routes before they changed.
8. I was Enemy of the State number 1658 in the apartheid era.
Now, who to tag, who hasn’t already been tagged by someone else?